Monday, September 12, 2011

Alumni tailgate...

The fall meeting and tailgate is this weekend! I'm so excited to see all of  you.

Just a few follow-up details you all need to know:


  • We will be electing a new Vice President/ Secretary.  If you're interested, please let me know.  It's pretty easy, so don't be intimidated.
  • We will be discussing ways to support the collegiate chapter.  We have some new information from Marinda from the collegiate chapter's summer retreat.
  • We will be tailgating & having a great time.

Some of you have told me you plan to be there and can bring food. Here's what we're having, and what we need:

Provided by the Chapter:
  • Burgers & Brats, buns & condiments
  • Non-alcoholic drinks
  • A potato or pasta salad of some type
  • Cups & table service

Needed:
  • Chips
  • Other tasty sides (use your imagination and think of something delicious that you eat at tailgates)
  • Grill, preferably gas (but we'll make do if someone volunteers)

Already volunteered:
  • 7 layer dip & tortilla chips (by me)
  • Brownies or a chocolate sheet cake (by my friend Emily Pargman)

If you'd like to, or could, bring any food please let me know. Now that we're adults, I think it'd be nice if we could have good food, you know? If you could please let me know by Wednesday, I'd really appreciate it.

This is a Sigma Alpha event, so the chapter will not be providing alcohol. If you bring guests there will be a $3 charge. This just helps with some minor expenses.

Advice or ideas are welcome.  My number is 620-380-1392. I'll be getting into Manhattan on Saturday morning and we can all meet up before heading to tailgate.

If I don't hear from anyone (which I hope I do), I'll see you Saturday afternoon for some good times with sisters and hopefully a Wildcat victory!

In Sisterhood,
Ashley Hornberger

P.S.  K-State has a special for a 4-pack of tickets to this game for $75.  If you're interested in going to the game, it's a pretty good deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment